- EMAKEMTOS recently entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with a United States energy technology partner - SET.
- With this MoU, EMAKEMTOS and SET have jointly developed a fit-for-purpose business model for sustainable waste-to-energy conversion in Nigeria, using the newly patented Sandwich Gasifier technology.
- The business model is specifically developed for Lagos using the weighted composition of Lagos Municipal Solid Waste (MSW) obtained from the Lagos Waste Management Authority.
- Our goal is to turn over 13,000 tons per day of MSW in Lagos to a cumulative 250 Megawatt-hour of affordable electricity for Lagos consumption, through distributed off-grid systems. The plan is ongoing.
- The model can be modified for other states in Nigeria.